My name is Annie. I am a compulsive overeater.
I found a little assignment at the end of today’s reading in The Emotional Eater’s Book of Inspiration that I actually think would be a good thing for me to do. OK, so in all fairness, there is an “assignment” at the end of each reading. I normally do them, but this is one that I think I should post here.
The assignment is “write down 10 things that you are grateful for about your body.” Ten positive things about my body. Are there really ten positives about this body of mine? I could easily name ten negative things, ten things that I would LOVE to change. But I am supposed to focus on the positive for today. So, let’s see what I can come up with.
- My thick, curly hair that I have never had to have permed
- The smile I’ve often been told is warm and friendly
- My ears that can hear my children say, “I love you, Mommy”
- Arms that are strong enough to hug all of my children
- A brain that is wired for creativity
- A heart that beats without effort on my part
- Lungs that breathe without effort
- A waist that is 5 ½ inches smaller than it was just four months ago
- Muscles that burn when I exercise, letting me know that they are working for me
- My entire body, which my husband thinks is sexy